On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Paul Breed wrote:

>A nuclear reaction must produce radiation in some form.

I think this reasoning is how LENR ended up as a fringe science...

IE P+F could not possibly have seen that much heat or they would be dead from radiation, therefore they are lying...

Paul, the skeptics missed the point. Radiation in some form is essential. The issue at the time was the form of the radiation, that was all. Radiation having the required high energy was expected and was not found. Nevertheless, radiation at low energy has been detected repeatedly. This level of energy is unexpected but nevertheless reveals the presence of an unconventional nuclear process.

I agree that in some situations LENR systems make detectable radiation... I also agree that there is evidence that sometimes they make heat and no "detectable" radiation.

Dr Storms current theory argues that for D+D ->4He the system must emit the energy in small enough doses that
the radiation can't penetrate far enough to be detected....

The LENR on a thin membrane with xray film on the other side of the membrane experiments show there is radiation..

So yes for LENR to be occurring there must be radiation at some point,
the key question I'm really asking is not is there something nuclear, the key question is there detectable radiation... and "maybe" is not really good enough if the goal is quickly screening lots possibilities...

Radiation is the ONLY way an active material can be quickly identified. This tool has been ignored. I'm trying to get you and other people to use it.

Ed

Paul

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote: Paul, you need to be careful how you describe "correlation". A nuclear reaction must produce radiation in some form. This is the only way energy of the required magnitude can be released from a nuclear process. The only issue is how much of this radiation can be detected outside of the apparatus. Obviously, not much of this kind of energy escapes when CF occurs. Nevertheless, the radiation is useful to demonstrate that a novel nuclear reaction is occurring. The amount of radiation can only give a relative measure of the true rate, which is related to the heat being measured.

Ed