Hi,
[snip]
>That should be true if the electron acts as a point charge since we know the
>atom is stable.  Have you looked into relativity effects to see if they
>influence the electron radiation cancellation at ground state?

The relativistic effects are only minor in the ground state, because the
velocity is only alpha*c. (about 1% of light speed), whereas change in angular
momentum is maximal for n=1 -> n=1/2, hence the relativistic effect would only
be a minor correction, and nowhere near the something like 100% that would be
needed for photon creation.

>I wonder if time dilation might make a point charge appear as a continuous one
>under the right circumstances.

Not relevant in this case.

>Of course....if the electron were in fact a continuous charge disc, etc. then
>the problem would also go away. ;-)

True. :)
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk