This is provides a summary of eight distinct "failed" models of the
hydrogen atom which the preceded the Bohr model.
http://skullsinthestars.com/2008/05/27/the-gallery-of-failed-atomic-models-1903-1913/

As I have argued recently, I think the key to explaining cold fusion
phenomena depends on a "flawed" model of the atom.
The advantage of a failed model is that it describes atomic
arrangements which are _not  stable_. Only unstable arrangements can
produce
the observed anomalies. The atomic model provided Quantum mechancis
and the standard model is meant to be _stable_.
It will never yield the observed anomalies, because it was only
intended to produce and reproduce stable matter over time.
However, there is more to life and to matter than the reproduction of
an existing order.

Here is a link by the same blogger on acceleration without radiation:
http://skullsinthestars.com/2008/04/19/invisibility-physics-acceleration-without-radiation-part-i/

He concludes by saying:
<<Ehrenfest’s prescription made plausible the possibility of a stable
atom consisting of orbiting or accelerating electrons. Alas for his
paper, by 1913 Bohr had proposed his model of the hydrogen atom which
could explain the atom’s unusual emission properties. As time
progressed, scientists came to realize that ‘loopholes’ in classical
physics were inadequate to explain the observed behaviors on the
atomic level, and that a new theory was needed to account for all the
new and strange observations: quantum mechanics. Ehrenfest’s
prescription seems to have been mostly forgotten in the quantum hubbub
which ensued.>>

While Ehrenfest's approach can explain a stable hydrogen atom, it is
not clear from this if it can explain the spectrum of the hydrogen
atom.
Anyway, to reiterate we do not need atomic models which are
consistently stable.

harry