Does anyone recall seeing an experiment where D and T were both allowed to be
absorbed by palladium and then exposed to a muon stream?  This type of
experiment might be of importance since it would most likely demonstrate
whether or not a known cold fusion process releases its energy into the metal
matrix instead of in the form of energetic gammas.  We continue to seek
evidence as to why the standard types of cold fusion fail to behave like hot
fusion in this regard and perhaps an experiment of this nature would be
revealing.

The proposed experiment does not seem to be difficult to carry out with the
proper resources while the payoff could be large.  Normal muon induced cold
fusion is fairly well studied and it is typically conducted with frozen
hydrogen components.  I consider the metal matrix that holds the hydrogen at
room temperatures and perhaps a bit higher as being similar.  The hydrogen is
effectively compressed by the metal and thus its density approaches that of a
frozen sample.

Cracks or dislocations within the metal crystal structure would allow multiple
atoms of hydrogen to reside within their confines and these locations might act
as the fusion centers.  The elevated temperatures of the metal compared to
frozen hydrogen environments could actually enhance the reaction rates due to
added kinetic energy.

Both D and T would have an opportunity to fuse either with each other or with
the same types of hydrogen adding to the data.

If anyone is aware of an experiment of this type having been performed please
let me know.  If it has not been tried, then perhaps someone will make such an
attempt.  If obtaining the T is too difficult, then just using D alone would
still have interesting possible results.

Dave