For a description of how polariton blue shift happen See

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uam.es%2Fpersonal_pdi%2Fciencias%2Ffmarchet%2FFrancesca%2520Marchetti's%2520Home%2520Files%2FLund_talk.pdf&ei=0p5gUdfVG6TL0gGWg4GICg&usg=AFQjCNGwkkiHUCS2kcE28fE7epI4bmIeYQ&sig2=7_NKE_qSwoAPu33BhOe8Pw

 Polaritons in Disordered Microcavities: blue-shift, phase diagram &
Rayleigh scattering