From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: samedi 6 avril 2013 23:08
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:April 2013 Defkalion GT Interview

Most interesting. This is a provocative observation that the Petrodragon
reactor used the Bergius process, Arnaud.

It would be even more interesting if we knew for sure what catalysts
specifically that Rossi was using there. All of the transition metals listed
in the Wiki entry on Bergius are Mills catalysts.

Molybdenum, in fact, is the closest fit of all transition metals to 27.2
under Mills Theory - when it goes from Mo2+ -> Mo3+ (27.13 eV) and the
sulfides would facilitate that ionic transition since they are so reactive
with hydrogen.

For instance, if we knew for sure that Rossi was adding MoS2 - which is a
commonly used catalyst in the petrochemical industry (but better known as a
dry lubricant), then that is strong indication that this particular catalyst
found its way into the E-Cat (along with scrap rubber ??)

There is a fair chance that Andrea Rossi discovered the heat anomaly first
with the Petrodragon reactor before moving on to a smaller version. I have
never heard this particular suggestion voiced before now, but it makes
sense, no?

The E-cat is simply a little Petrodragon reactor. LOL.

That would explain its very crude construction in the first models, and the
large amount of exterior gunk seen on them. If you have ever used molybdenum
disulfide, you know what I am talking about.

        From: Arnaud Kodeck

        Jones,

        Your theory below might explain also what Rossi has told a bit 2
years ago:
        Some xRay are absorbed.
        Some EM fields are "escaping" his eCat.

        Moreover, in Pedrodragon, Rossi used Nickel, Hydrogen in the Bergius
process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergius_process). Sodium, potassium,
and magnesium were also compounds that were fetching the Bergius reactor.
Similarly Mills uses Sodium or potassium to create the hydrinos.

        How the Celani's wire can be fitted into this theory ?

        Arnaud
        From: Jones Beene

        Eric,
                "Defkalion's description of the reaction is still consistent
with there being copious soft x-rays that are   being blocked by the housing
of the reactor"

        Yes - you have probably heard Robin and myself and a few others
suggesting that the EUV spectrum is the most likely source of energetic
radiation that will be seen in any Ni-H reaction which resembles Mills. And
all of them do resemble Mills/BLP - at least AFAIK.

        Mills was seeing UV 20 years ago, so it is not new. Some few gammas
can probably be seen when redundancy becomes extreme, but he says that most
of the output is UV. Mills has never reported gammas, it should be noted...
but then again, he has turned a blind eye to anything which is suggestive of
a nuclear explanation.

        This UV radiation spectrum is because of the Rydberg energy
multiples of 27.2 eV, 54.4 eV, and 108.8 eV etc. which happen in ground
state redundancy. These are in the UV/EUV range, but the upper end of that
range can be called "soft x-rays" -even if that is misleading, in a way.

        Mills claims the energy comes from the electron orbitals of the
catalyst "holes". This does not mean that RM got everything right however,
and Robin has already made a few changes of note (on his site) that seem to
work better.

        As to applying or integrating Mills to other theories, at least in
the context of the dynamics of redundant orbitals and UV emission, this has
been largely avoided except by Arie de Geus (deceased). There is always room
for compromise however, if one is not tied too closely to either camp.

        In an evolving theory of RPF, it dawns on me just now that it is
possible to merge with a partial Mills explanation... so here goes. First,
the reaction has chemical dynamics which proceed somewhat as Mills suggests,
but instead of the energy coming from loss of electron momentum (angular
momentum) the energy comes directly from mass-to-energy conversion in the
proton nucleus via magnons. In fact, it is the "shrinkage" of the orbital
that provides the asymmetry which is needed in RPF in order to extract net
energy from a neutral reaction - which can be either endothermic or
exothermic in QCD.

        RPF can then be described as providing first the endotherm to allow
for the shrinkage, with then the exotherm is  coming immediately thereafter
from magnon coupling, instead of UV. There could be a bit of both. Hey, I
could almost convince myself that this is a good fit.

        The best evidence for this, and possibly a partial proof, would come
from a finding that there is not nearly enough UV to provide the excess heat
which is seen, and secondly that the heat seen is via inductive coupling
(requiring a ferromagnetic matrix).

        Thanks for the segue.

        Jones

                        From: Eric Walker
                                Where did you get the idea that soft x-rays
were not harmful? In fact they are deadly, but not instantly deadly, if that
makes them slightly less problematic.
                        The thought did occur to me after I pressed "send"
that given a sufficient flux, you could end up cooking yourself before too
long.

                        My remarks about soft x-rays were ambiguous -- I
could have meant that they do not pose safety concerns when shielded by the
kind of housing that a reactor will typically have, or I could have meant
that they are benign in general.  My actual meaning was to suggest that they
might be benign in general (without shielding).  As someone who knows
nothing about nuclear physics, I feel at liberty to make one or two
embarrassing comments.  ;)
                                Sterling Allan, whom you quote - is a
tireless PR person and promoter in the PT Barnum tradition - but not a
scientist. Even Hadjichristos, listed as CTO of Defkalion has given no
indication of being literate in several important scientific fields.
                        My apologies for the confusion -- I didn't intend to
offer Allan or Hadjichristos as authorities.  The quote was meant to provide
another data point and does not give anything to base any conclusions on.
But it is interesting to note that if the quote is half accurate,
Defkalion's description of the reaction is still consistent (?) with there
being copious soft x-rays that are being blocked by the housing of the
reactor.

                        Eric