Let’s go over this Nanoplasmonic process in a little more detail.

The formation of the polariton is a multi-part process which involves both
phonons and photons as follows:

First, the Exciton is formed as follows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exciton

The electrons on the surface of the metal particles move freely and are
driven to vibrate by the phonons of the lattice.

These electrons are periodically displaced from the ions of the lattice.
This displacement causes electrons and ions to be accumulated on the
surfaces at opposite ends of the particles. Because these particles attract
each other there is a restoring force.

This restoring force results in the formation of an electron oscillator
whose quantum is called a surface plasmon and whose frequency is determined
by the restoring force. This frequency reflects the effective mass of the
electron.

The frequency of the surface plasmon not only depends on the metals
composition of the particle but also on its size and shape, on the
dielectric material that surrounds the particle, and finally on the shape
of the particle be it either elongated or spherical because of the varied
distance between the two opposite ends.

The surface plasmon is a localized oscillation of collective electron
densities.

The key innovation of the Ni/H reactor is that the reactor produces
infrared photons through the actions of field emitters formed on the
surface of the nanostructures which cover the surface of the
micro-particles or by using photo active chemicals. No laser irradiation is
required.

This could well be why a chemical based thermal photonic or florescent
additive must be added to convert phonons and/or electrons to photons.

In this type of reactor, we know that there are lots of infrared photons
around because the gamma rays from the LENR nuclear reactions are
thermalized into the infrared.

In a Ni/H reactor that uses spark discharge, the laser is replaced with a
spark. Infrared photons can be produced by converting spark X-ray photons
to infrared photons.

Finally, the nanoantenna uses Fano resonance to combine the Exciton with
the infrared photon to produce a polariton.

Cheers:   Axil