Jones, you interpretation of what I claim is not correct. My theory and most others try to find a way for the mass-energy to leave the nucleus in units to small be detected. Hagelstein's theory has these units being phonons generated by a process that can only be described by a complex equation. Takahashi has the mass-energy leaking out of Be8 as photons. These photons MUST originate in the Be8 nucleus, hence are called gamma. My theory has the mass-energy being released as photons from a molecule of hydrons in a crack . In my case, these photons are emitted by the fusing nuclei, hence are called gamma.

In my case, I try to make ALL steps in the process consistent with basic laws, which is not the case with the other theories. Of course, a feature is missing in the nuclear process that needs to be identified. This missing feature is what LENR has revealed and, when identified, will be the source of a Nobel prize. Meanwhile, I suggest you try to understand exactly what I'm proposing rather than impose your own interpretation.

It would help if you used the definition of gamma ray correctly. The only question is: How does the mass-energy get released? The mass energy is in the nucleus. If it comes out directly as a photon, as is normally the case, this process is defined as gamma emission. If the energy gets into the electron structure, it can be released as X-rays or phonons. No other possibility exists within known behavior.

Ed Storms

On May 11, 2013, at 1:45 PM, Jones Beene wrote:

From: Edmund Storms

I find that all theories are based on a series of assumptions, but some of these assumptions violate basic laws, yet the theory is accepted because the other assumptions are accepted. This is like recommending a road on which the bridge is missing just because the rest of the trip is nice. The road is no longer passible before the goal can be reached, so what is the point of using such a road?

And your map has such a bridge (to explain lack of gammas)?

I think not – in fact, it is the same kind of “missing bridge” that Takahashi uses, but with a different name.

The only possible answer is that that the road which one needs to take, to arrive at the correct conclusion - is a road that completely avoids going through gamma-land from the start - by proposing a destination (reaction) in which gammas cannot be involved.

Hagelstein’s map does not avoid gamma-land, nor does yours – they simply invent new names for the missing bridges which turn out to not be where they should be, once you get there.

Jones