Hi Ed,
        Vacuum energy can never be totally blocked by Casimir geometry or
anything physical, even an ideal metal with optimum geometry won't totally
block vacuum energy since it needs to permeate all matter in a Wave Structure
of Matter kind of way -cant have matter [a persistent waveform / canoe stuck in
the waterfall] without this medium passing through our plane.  All matter even
at the smallest subatomic scale has 8 sides, 6 spatial and 2 that we call
temporal. Relativity teaches us that a spaceship can travel along this temporal
axis without being aware of the difference to a stationary frame until
comparing for time dilation upon return. We are in effect, a 3D ant farm where
the glass separates us from past and future but vacuum radiation fills the
entire 4D void. My neo Lorentzian posit is that whatever rate these virtual
particles/vacuum wavelengths from the void transgress through our 3d ant farm
plane we will always perceive locally as C. We will locally see the full
spectrum of vacuum wavelengths whether we are stationary at a spaceship
approaching C or a tiny hydrogen atom inside a vacuum suppressed cavity. I am
convinced that whenever scientists talk about experiments where they suppress
certain vacuum wavelengths/virtual particles in a lattice it is actually
dialation/ Lorentzian contraction they are observing. HUP can be envisioned as
virtual particles from this void growing into one side of our ant farm plane
and then contracting out the other side at whatever rate this medium happens to
be passing thru..and these virtual particles push matter randomly in every
direction to make room for their passage -jitter. Puthoff refers to a "vacuum
pressure" when these virtual particles encounter matter and this interaction
being the clock works behind ZPE and the ground states upon which physics
/periodic chart is based. I think radioactivity and pyrophoricity are examples
where this interface is less stable but already normalized / rolled into our
science while Casimir effect will allow for a new science that Puthoff refers
to as vacuum engineering. My pet theory remains that this new science will
allow for the presently considered unusable energy of HUP / gas motion to be
exploited.

>From a temporal perspective our physical universe is a flat ribbon [ant farm]
>where even the subatomic matter of molten metals in the earths core are all
>equally exposed to the time axis, as the virtual particles pass thru they
>impart ground state energy to all physical matter and are responsible for all
>our physical laws at different scales. I like to consider the atomic scale as
>the difference in vacuum pressure on the nucleus and electron where the well
>between is created by this moving sea of virtual particles passing through our
>plane where more pressure is exerted on the nucleus and leaves the electrons'
>attraction to forever chase the nucleus thru time.

Casimir effect is on a different scale and needs quantum effects but IMHO it
employs the same sort of relativistic methods to suppress the vacuum. The
formula makes it clear how the energy is proportional to surface area and the
cube of the spacing between suppression boundaries.. a good analogy is the
venturi effect where buildings act as sails opposing the flow / creating
pressure on outside surfaces while the gap between buildings tries to alleviate
the pressure and "virtual particles" rush to exit the time axis via the spatial
cavity created by the geometry. Effectively accelerating time on average at
various rates according to the most local suppression geometry.. this is why
skeletal catalysts and casimir geometry are related, changes in casimir
geometry are catalytic. A paper from Cornell confirms catalytic action at
openings and defects of nanotubes. The changes in "pressure" according to
cavity topology experienced by gas atoms is just strong catalytic action. I
think normal catalytic action is a lesser combination of this rate of change in
vacuum pressure while these claims of anomalous heat  are examples of super
catalytic action where the average suppression rate is much higher and dynamic
changes in geometry more abrupt to the point where they can discount reversible
reactions to OU. Surface area, figures of merit.... perhaps it is time to add
geometry for cat selection?

I didn't respond to your point of "thin" metal plates suppressing radiation
because frankly I don't know how the effect is modified with thickness -whether
10 atom sheets to make casimir plates would measure the same value as single
atom plates.. I would guess several layers would reinforce the quantum effect
of the surface layers forming the cavity.

Fran