You propose that the coulomb barrier is structured differently from how it
is normally portrayed in textbooks, and it is this difference that permits
the low temperature fusion of protons and deuterons and energy
production. Wouldn't the same difference help to explain how transmutations
can happen as well? It seems to me a good theory should be able
to explain both transmutations and energy production even if the nuclei
involved differ in each case.

Harry
.