I said it was a moot point [1] ... and I have no interest in "injuring" the
list. And, nope, I didn't get the news of the report here. All the same, I
value this list and wouldn't want to see it interfered with which is why I
asked Kevin and Bill to handle it without me getting Forbes' involved.

[m]

[1] From http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot_point

*moot <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot>
point<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/point>
* (*plural* *moot points <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot_points#English>
s*

   1. ...
   2. An issue regarded as potentially debatable, but no longer practically
   applicable. Although the idea may still be worth debating and exploring
   academically, and such discussion may be useful for addressing similar
   issues in the future, the idea has been rendered irrelevant for the present
   issue.