OK Axil, I presume from this description you assume ALL of the cylinder containing the Ni+H2 melted along with the surrounding ceramic, which in your mind meant the temperature got to and stayed abouve 2000° long enough to completely melt the stainless container and surrounding ceramic. Is this correct?

Normally, a device making energy will be hotter in some regions than others. If the temperature gets too hot, the hottest point will melt, which in this case would allow all the H2 to leave. This would immediately stop the source of energy. Once this happens, were does the energy come from to melt the rest of the material?

Actually, I expect a small; amount of liquid metal would contact the ceramic, lower its melting point, and produce a small amount of local melt. The description was not detailed enough to properly describe what actually happened. Until we see a picture of the melted region, what is the purpose of your speculation?

Ed Storms