On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now he transforms a technical problem (have they checked really
> everything, the most fantastic possible tricks of the malefic Rossi?) in
> ethical problem -are they accomplices of Rossi in his criminal activity.

I think one of his main points, with which I agree, is that their claim
can't be checked by anyone else, and therefore a revolutionary claim rests
on trust. It should have stronger grounding than that.

> The Professors had to solve a well defined problem: does the HotCat give
> EXCESS HEAT? Not more or less, just excess heat. And the answer is
>  clear Yes,

All we know is that they claim the answer is yes. And one of them, is far
more cautious than you. Hartman has said in 2 or 3 places that no
definitive statement can be made yet.

> all the still continuing orgies of nit-picking can change the
> quantitative aspect a bit but not the answer.

That's just not true. The question of emissivity seems to have been
rendered moot, but there is no doubt that a simple deception (as
illustrated in the videos posted yesterday) could make a 1:1 duty cycle at
a resistive load look like a 1:3 duty cycle at the input power to something
like the PCE-830.

And regardless of it all, it still depends on trust. As unlikely as
deception may be (for any of them), for many skeptics, it remains far more
likely than cold fusion.