On May 28, 2013, at 11:00 AM, Roarty, Francis X wrote:

Ed,
It may only be semantics or interpretation of what catalytic action really is but what you are calling an energy sink that an H+ ion can fall into by forming a hydroton is also defying COE..

Fran, formation of Hydroton is totally a conventional chemical reaction. It occurs because Gibbs energy is created by forming a bond having more energy than the bonds holding the H+ in the lattice. This is pure normal chemistry. It just happens that the structure allows a nuclear interaction, which only occurs after the structure forms. This nuclear consequence is simply a lucky break. The structure allows the nuclear interaction because it causes the nuclei to get closer than is normally possible because of the high concentration of negative charge located between the nuclei. This charge reduces the barrier enough to allow the distance between the nuclei to reach a critical distance. Once this distance is reached, the nuclei MUST reduce their mass- energy to be in equilibrium with the distance.

I have no idea how the Casimir effect applies and I see no reason to apply an idea that has ambiguous behavior. Nevertheless, I would be interested to see how you can use this proposed phenomenon.

Ed Storms

particularly if it has to repeat this endless reaction many times to dissipate the barrier enough to allow fusion.. how many photons have to be generated before the barrier falls? My particular posit may not be accurate but I remain convinced change in casimir effect as the hydron passes through the balance point is opposing natural random motion to “power” the anomalous action in these cavities.. it may be the engine behind your resonance between covalent and monatomic states –forming the energy sink while opposing the motion of one state through the sink much more than the other encouraging disassociation and subsequent photon emission as the hydrotron reforms.
Fran

From: Edmund Storms [mailto:stor...@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:25 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: Edmund Storms
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Of NAEs and nothingness...

OK Fran, we are getting closer to a mutual understanding. Let me go into more detail.

The gap creates a separation of charge because the electron charge on the metal atoms on each wall are not being offset by nearby atoms, as is the case in the lattice. Consequently, like all clean surfaces, an effective negative charge is present on both walls. However, unlike a normal surface, the opposite wall is close enough to create a balanced charge at the midline between the two walls. This conditions causes an energy sink to form into which any H+ in the metal lattice can fall by forming the Hydroton. Because this reaction is exothermic, the Hydroton gets hot and starts to oscillate. This process has the ability to bring two H nuclei close enough that a nuclear interaction can start. Because of the oscillation, this close distance lasts only for a brief time, a time too short for the nuclear interaction to be completed. Consequently, a brief loss of mass-energy occurs, which is small compared to what can be released once the two nuclei make full contact. This process is repeated until all mass-energy is lost and the two nuclei are in contact, thereby fusing into the final nucleus.

There is no need to introduce the concept of Maxwellian demon or any other novel idea. This is a very simple process. The only novel feature is just how the two nuclei "know" that they have too much mass-energy for the distance between them.

Ed Storms