this is not incompetence, this is risk analysis.

Rossi knowing that the testers could measure something like DC of HF, could
not have tried that trick.

maybe is this off your competence. Too much psychology...
Magicians don't use a trick that can be easily found, and either :
- they don't use that trick
- they forbid the spectators to check that.

so only question is whether the testers were allowed to see DC offset
between phases.
if yes, problem closed.

HF above 30kHz is not a problem since it would be lost in the cables, and
would have burned them, plus killed the plugge instruments.