Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:

**
> Look, all I know is what I read. I called out Motl for BS about the
> emissivity, and you immediately agreed with me. That's a purely logical
> analysis.
>

> As for everything else - I can only process to arrive at a separate
> conclusion when what I read is conflicting.

Then you have not read the document carefully. The constraints were spelled
out clearly. There are no conflicting reports.

> "*They were not allowed to measure the power from the control box to the
> reactor*"
> The story as I receive it continues to change.

You should read the paper and stop "receiving" the "story" from random
people on the Internet. The paper makes it 100% clear what they were and
were not allowed to do. It is simple.

> In all versions they weren't allowed to look inside the control box or to
> view and/or analyze the powder. There's one version where they weren't
> allowed to measure anything on the output side of the control box, except
> for a constant power dummy run; but never when pulsed mode was switched on.

At no point did they measure output from the controller. There are no
"versions" here. There is one paper. Read it!

> Doing a power measurement there is the least analytical thing you can do.

It is the one and only task they were assigned.

> Obviously finer detail is available, so by inference they couldn't do that
> either.

No, not "inference." By your opinion. Not theirs, and not mine.

> So it seems that any future test will not allow any instrumentation of any
> kind on the lines between the control box and the device.

As far as I know, that is the case.

> And we're back where we started.

If you are not satisfied with this method, that is your opinion. They and I
do not share that opinion.

> Tell us, if you'd be so kind, since you have the ear of the horse's mouth,
> whether the researchers were allowed, and/or would be allowed in the
> future, to break apart and examine the cable between the control box and
> the device?

Why would they be? That would reveal trade secrets and IP not yet patented.
Of course this cannot be allowed. Rossi would be crazy to allow this.

> Or to supply their own cable?

Which cable? The power cable? Obviously they had access to the bare wires,
or they could not have measured voltage. If you do not trust ammeters and
voltmeters, I do not see why a different cable would satisfy you.