From: Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 4, 2013 11:38 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Ethics of the E-Cat investigation put into question

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

Eric,

Model 1 appears to be more in line with what I suspect is happening except for
the explanation of the lack of external heat for control issue.   You need to
consider that the peak heat power being generated inside the core is only about
2 times greater than the resistor heating required to control it at the turn
around point.  Rossi has stated this on several occasions and it matches my
model.

But it's not consistent with the December hot cat, in which case the overall
COP was 6, and as I've argued, less than half of the input power will reach the
core, the rest directly heating the outer ceramic. So, in that case, you
probably have at least a peak power in the core at least 10 times larger that
the external heat that is controlling it.

> When such a large percentage of  the net power at that node is taken away
> abruptly, a turn around in temperature direction occurs.  This is a
> complicated positive feedback system where a large fraction of the internally
> generated heat is being absorbed by the thermal mass of the device.  Enough
> external heat is removed to force the core to be "starved".  That reverses
> the temperature path.  Once reversed, the positive feedback works in a manner
> that accelerates the falling core temperature toward room.

Could you provide the temperature dependence of the reaction rate and the heat
loss that would produce such an effect. And also explain how the December hot
cat was stable with constant input power.

> If you are very good, or lucky, you can reverse the core at just below an
> optimum point which will allow the temperature to languish there for an
> extended time before it begins it rapid decent.   This is how you achieve a
> high value of COP.  The core has a lot of time during which it puts out large
> values of heat energy before requiring a refresh drive pulse.  The drive
> remains off for a longer time while the high temperature lingers.

> Does this help to explain the operation according to my model?

Not to me. It's all just hand-waving. Could you quantify things a little? And
explain why constant power was used in December.