From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:29 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Focardi has died

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=806&cpage=15#comment-723229

                AR: “See you soon, my great Friend and Master Sergio! I will
never forget our work together and that day in the Brasimone Nuclear
facility.”

                This is a provocative comment. “That day” must have been a
memorable breakthrough discovery for them, since it is mentioned so
prominently- almost as a eulogy. Does anyone know the backstory of “that day
in Brasimone”?

                One wonders if something happened then which sheds any light
on the HotCat operation, in particular. Brasimone, as best I can tell, is a
facility for the study of a liquid fueled fission reactor (LFR). It is not
clear how that could possibly relate to the ECat, or perhaps specifically to
the HotCat. Maybe they were simply “borrowing” the support facilities for
testing purposes.

                Anyone following Rossi’s story from the beginning may be
justified in thinking that there was a major breakthrough in the past year.
I wonder if this bit of eulogy relates to the HotCat breakthrough or not.

FWIW – there is one detail worth mentioning about Brasimone … wrt a possible
HotCat cross-connection … but it is a stretch…

If you go to this page and see the diffusion bonding laboratory and other
support facilities http://web.brasimone.enea.it/supunits/labindex.htm

To my way of thinking this Lab fits in with one troubling detail in the
progression from ECat -> HotCat … and that is the sealed steel tube
surrounded by SiC tubes – which is where all the action is happening - in
the advanced design.

But basically it all goes back to there being no obvious precedent for
moving from a typical conflat reactor, with hydrogen feed, to a sealed tube
within a SiC tube, in which a hydride provides all the hydrogen that can be
used. That seems to something that would never happen except by accident.

And they have it all in this lab, all the details including ceramic tubes
used for molten liquid and sputtering and diffusion bonding. Was the HotCat
kind of an accident?

OK – No doubt that this many not sound like much of a rationale for a real
scientific breakthrough … unless you have done this kind of experiment, but
the jump to a sealed tube, diffusion bonded - with no possibility of
refilling it – and then place within ceramic enclosures - is so surprising
at a fundamental level - that you have to ask yourself this: is it the
result of some kind of unplanned or serendipitous happenstance?

Could the Brasimone diffusion bonding lab be the place where an inadvertent
discovery happened, leading to the HotCat configuration as it is now been
demonstrated ?

Well, admittedly, this is a stretch of the imagination, but possibly worth a
mention (by default if nothing else) - because almost no other scenario fits
into the developmental history very well.

Not to mention… the smile of the Cheshire cat, out there in cyberspace…

Jones