Eric,

I can see where you would think that, but I think they are saying that
+.25W is at the 95% CI.

They wrote: "Both the EU Cells and the US Cells were switched on and BOTH
indicated excess energy as the cells came to equilibrium at higher
temperatures than during the calibration tests.  The EU cell with the
active wire was indicating up to 2.5W of excess power over the 30.4W input
power (~6% excess).  *That is well above the 95% confidence limits for that
cell (~0.25W). * The US Cell was indicating approximately 1.4 watts excess,
again, well above the ~0.5W confidence interval.   Very exciting to see
something positive and especially simultaneous." (emphasis mine)

So, 2.5W would be ~19 sigma if indeed the 95% confidence limit is ~.25W.
 They don't say that the +2.5W is at the 95%CI, they say it is *well above *the
95% CI of ~.25W. Am I missing something?

It would follow for the US cell that 1.4W would be ~5-6 sigma.

Anyway, I think we can safely call this a statistically significant
difference by any reasonable standard.  The next step would be to generate
and test hypotheses about how systematic error could produce the results.
 I think they've started doing some of that.  The challenge for them will
be to not get overly excited and keep plugging away to rule out or confirm
alternative explanations.

Jack