Mark Jurich wrote:
> FYI: arXiv of this paper: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1106/1106.0847.pdf

Interesting paper, thanks.

I found it odd that nobody mentions the *positions* of the planets (Jupiter, mainly), during solar max. Maybe to try to avoid the association with astrology, the constellations, and related pseudo-scientific stuff?

Well, here's something to be said about it: the association of these things with astrology: unavoidable. The good side of it?: a new astrology must be developed. A quantitative, scientific, serious, non-misleading astrology, if you want.

Now, I don't have a scientific reputation to risk, so here you have it: as we're now in the middle of (an unusually quiet, quieter in a century, by the way) solar max, it's very easy to see that Jupiter is now in Gemini. And Gemini is opposite Sagittarius, which marks the general direction to the center of the galaxy.

So, if the 'gravitational lens' theory is to be believed, Jupiter is now amplifying or focusing energies that come from outside the galaxy, from the general direction of Gemini.

And, of course, a potential different explanation comes to mind: it's not a 'gravitational lens' effect, but a 'cosmic circuit' kind of thing. Jupiter "closes" the circuit with the center of the galaxy, with the Sun in the middle. And sunspots appear on the surface of the Sun as a consequence.

There you have it: the positions of the planets, the constellations, and, of course, the center of the galaxy. Only thing missing? crossing of the galactic plane. :-)

Regards,
Mauro