I agree, Jed, with your description of human nature. I see this same behavior being applied by people even within the CF field. You would think they would not be prone to this behavior. But, as you note, humans are the same no matter the subject. Perhaps, this behavior is beneficial because it slows progress enough for people to adjust. Present progress, thanks to the computer that does not suffer from this limitation, is starting to exceed the ability of many people to adjust. This failure to adjust does not give optimism about the future.

Ed