I apologize for correcting you. I didn't read your whole post. I think you have it right.

Craig

On 11/15/2013 05:23 AM, Craig wrote:

On 11/15/2013 01:44 AM, David Roberson wrote:
Steven,
The hypothetical ship is undergoing an acceleration of 10 "G's". This is determined by an accelerometer on board that is quite accurate. If this level of acceleration is applied for the 1 year period, then I can calculate that my resulting velocity would be approximately 10 times c greater than the initial velocity of the ship.

As a ship approaches the speed of light, its mass increases such that any force being used to accelerate it would be applied to a growing mass. At the speed of light, the theoretical mass of the ship becomes infinite, preventing any further increase in speed.

Craig