From: Craig <cchayniepub...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 7:51 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Local Calculated Velocity of Space Ship

    I apologize for correcting you. I didn't read your whole post. I    think
you have it right.

    Craig

On 11/15/2013 05:23 AM, Craig wrote:

On 11/15/2013 01:44 AM, David        Roberson wrote:

Steven,

The hypothetical ship is undergoing an acceleration of 10            "G's".
This is determined by an accelerometer on board that            is quite
accurate.  If this level of acceleration is applied            for the 1 year
period, then I can calculate that my            resulting velocity would be
approximately 10 times c greater            than the initial velocity of the
ship.

      As a ship approaches the speed          of light, its mass increases such
that any force being used to          accelerate it would be applied to a
growing mass. At the speed          of light, the theoretical mass of the ship
becomes infinite,          preventing any further increase in speed.

          Craig