I think you are right, I was thinking FM broadcast stations
How far are you from the nearest FM radio tower? Those typically put out
100,000W.

Cell Towers
Although the FCC permits an effective radiated power (ERP) of up to 500
watts per channel (depending on the tower height), the majority of cellular
or PCS cell sites in urban and suburban areas operate at an ERP of 100
watts per channel or less.

I am not sure how many channels on a typical cell tower??
Amps = 395 channels for voice

GSM = 125 Channels X 8 Slots per Channel = 1000 Users

CDMA seems to be dynamic, 55 Voice Channels, but it rotates users on each
channel within time slots to get more users per channel. It also seems the
more users trying to access the tower the more transmit power required by
the handset to over come noise and it lowers the bit rate for the call to
handle more users.

I would assume these numbers are per cell, and I would imagine they have
more than one cell on a tower.

How far are you from the nearest FM radio tower? Those typically put out
100,000W.

Doppler Weather:
[image: radar power]

http://www.doprad.com/radhaz.php

This information is intended to create awareness regarding the potential
health hazards associated with high-powered Doppler weather radar systems.
Today you can watch television across the country and see hundreds of
televisions stations with their own LIVE Doppler weather radar system. But
users of some of these “high-powered” (250,000 watt to 1,250,000 watt)
radars neglect to mention the possible safety and health hazards that are
an intrinsic byproduct of these systems.

Exposure studies conducted during the 1980′s indicate a possible
correlation between escalating cancer rates and increasing levels of
radiation in our environment. We cannot eliminate radiation completely from
our environment, but we can reduce health risks substantially by
controlling our exposure to it.

Research indicates that broadcasters using other vendors’ high-powered
radars do not even realize that these radars may actually exceed the FCC
standards for safe exposure levels and may pose a heath risk (at the very
least to those that must work on these units). The graph below shows the
comparison between radiation output for the high powered radars versus the
ADC low power, solid-state radar, and references the FCC microwave
radiation exposure limits. One proactive action that can be taken is to
make your local broadcasters aware of your concern about the use of these
unnecessary high-powered Doppler radars. Some of these radars have ERPs
(Effective Radiated Power) of over 10 GIGAWATTS (OR 10 BILLION watts).

The problem is they also OVERLAP these towers

Stewart