Hi,
[snip]
>The reaction is not based on accelerating charged particles; it is based on
>screening caused by the production of intense EMF.

Then why did you raise the issue of laser particle acceleration in one of your
earlier posts?

>This EMF turns down the force that keeps the nickel nucleus together. This
>is what I mean by photo-fission.  Oftentimes, a single alpha particle is
>released from the nickel and iron is formed. Sometime, multiple alpha
>clusters are released as indicated by the large amount of light elements
>that are seen as transmutation produces in the DGT ash samples. That 7MeV
>of binding energy that you site is released into the gamma thermalization
>process of the BEC.

I think you missed the point here. The 7 MeV is not extra it is deficit. You
would need to supply 7 MeV to make the reaction happen. Even if you could
temporarily modify the strong force, the overall energy balance has to turn out
positive if you are going to get excess heat. You need to indicate where this
energy is coming from. It is not coming from the fission of 62Ni into 58Fe and
4He, because that costs energy, it doesn't produce it.

>The strong force is not affected or overcome by the
>kinetic energy of an excited particle; the strong force is just removed by
>an EMF that gently deactivates the strong force.
>

>The alpha particle drifts out of the nickel nucleus gently. Energy handling
>is not kinetic, it is all electromagnetic.  This lack of kinetic activity
>is why excited isotopes are not formed. All energy release processes are
>done at very low energies under the influence of the coherent and entangled
>averaging potential of the polariton BEC. This BEC energy averaging is why
>no gamma radiation is seen in the Ni/H reactor.

Even if the BEC were capable of doing this, the net effect of the 62Ni => 58Fe
reaction that you mention would be cooling, not heating.

BTW there are a few such reactions that are indeed energy positive, e.g.

208Pb - 4He => 204Hg + 0.5 MeV.
206Pb - 4He => 202Hg + 1.14 MeV.

This might theoretically be useful, if the mechanism you describe actually
exists.

>On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> [snip]
>>
>> BTW as for the concept of laser induced nuclear reactions, consider the
>> following:
>>
>> Most of the thermal energy in a Rossi reactor will be random. Even if some
>> of it
>> is made coherent by nano-particles, that is still likely to only be a small
>> portion. Of that small proportion of coherent infra red, only a small
>> proportion
>> will accelerate charged particles. Of those accelerated charged particles,
>> only
>> a small fraction (1 in 10000?) will actually trigger nuclear reactions.
>>
>> Therefore I think it very unlikely that sufficient energy would be
>> released by
>> those reactions to produce the original amount of laser energy that was
>> required
>> to start the process. IOW I doubt this approach would be energy positive
>> overall.
>>
>> However, I could be wrong...;)
>>
>> BTW, the most likely nuclear reaction (IMO) would be:-
>>
>> p (fast) + (A,Z) => (A+1,Z+1)
>>
>> which usually produces gamma rays, which are not in evidence.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Robin van Spaandonk
>>
>> http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html

Regards,