Ed,

There is no doubt that you know more details about the LENR field than
anyone on this board, and probably anyone on the planet. In fact, I am often
amazed at your recall for arcane details that go back 20+ years. Staggering
in a way.

But ... having said that - you have so much information to sort through,
that on occasion, the mere magnitude of that massive databank will mean that
any mortal will be overwhelmed to a degree, when trying to accurately put it
all together and frame the "big picture" accurately. The tendency is to
weight all facts in a narrow range - when scientifically there will be one
solitary fact - which is of massively disproportionate significance.

The homily for this situation is "failure to see the forest for the trees."

There may be some justifiable reason, in the end (when we do finally
understand LENR) which more clearly explains why you choose to minimalize
the importance of the almost complete lack of gammas. But so far, that case
has not been made.

To me the lack of gammas is - by far - the overriding and highly
disproportionate consideration for everything which we do not know about the
field.

That is why a less competent thinker like myself has no problem in
confronting a superior intellect with this fact, over-and-over it seems - at
least until that point in time when a better explanation comes along. I'm
looking for the forest, not the trees.

Jones