Jones, very interesting story about Rancho Seco.
I live in the Sacramento area and I moved here from Sweden in 1988. I could
never understand that people voted to close a relatively new power plant,
thanks for giving me an explanation. Poor design I guess.
At that time in Sweden, "The Green: had pressed (and succeeded) to have a
closing date for all Swedish nuclear plants. (Parliament decision )
In Sweden the closing date has been moved forward as nobody have found a
replacement source.
In my opinion the biggest problem with our nuclear power plants is the
production of radioactive material, which we have no way to handle.
Couldn't LENR take this waste material and fuse it to a more stable
isotope? Sounds to me that already (relatively) high activity material
should be easier to fuse.
I admit poor knowledge of nuclear physics

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
6140 Horseshoe Bar Road Suite G, Loomis CA 95650

"Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort." PJM