Ed--

You said--

>Trying to fit QM to the lattice is a waste of time.

I would note that the lattice is a QM system and,  although complicated, obeys
the various laws of QM including separate and unique energies for all like
femions in the system and   angular momentum for each particle at any given
time and other properties associated with the wave function (WF) appropriate
for the lattice with all its particles as a function of time.

I would further note that  lattice WF can be approximated and the interaction
with various external stimuli estimated to allow engineering changes in the
state of the system including lower total potential energy and higher kinetic
energy in the form of heat.  The changes may include nuclear and chemical
changes at the same time.

>From what you say--

>"the nuclear process MUST occur outside of the chemical structure."

I find no basis for this conclusion. We seem not to agree on the basic natural
laws that apply to the various LENR systems.

 For example I would say as a proton enters the Pd lattice it becomes part of
the QM lattice system,  effecting a change in the potential energy, the kinetic
energy and angular momentum of the system as a whole--with the various
respective  particles in the system changing and sharing the energy and
momentum based on their respective characteristics of mass, charge, spin etc.

Even considering our conceptual differences, I will read your book regarding
LENR science when it comes out and probably have comments.

Bob