A project with "complete lack of funding. Zero dollars" in the sense of
MFMP could make better progress if they would focus not on the calorimetry
or gamma-ray detection or tritium detection or mass-spectroscopy sufficient
to discriminate He from D2 (ALL of which are "diagnostics") -- but rather
on getting the electrochemistry right and then running a large number of
cathodes through.  If you want progress on the metallurgy, that's how you
do it, Jed.  You yourself pointed this out in your own call for "50 working
cathodes" so I don't know why you backpedal on that correct insight now.

Given your absolutist declaration about "complete lack of funding.  Zero
dollars" you clearly don't consider the approach being taken by MFMP to be
valid no matter what they do but I disagree.