Jed:

You say that "he effect has been replicated hundreds of times."  Where can
a skeptic go to check on these replications?

As far as I can tell, when Ed ran 92 experiments and got 4 cathodes to
work, he replicated the PFAHE 4 times.  I recently saw some reference to 50
cathodes, which was about half the ones originally tested.  That would be
50 more times replicated, by 1 researcher.