Cravens & Letts reviewed 167 papers and came up with 4 criteria that
correlate excess heat.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/NagelDJproceeding.pdf

Page 71
The Enabling Criteria of Electrochemical Heat: Beyond
Reasonable Doubt
Dennis Cravens
1
and Dennis Letts
2
1
Amridge University Box 1317
Cloudcroft, NM 88317 USA
2
12015 Ladrido Lane
Austin, TX 78727 USA
Abstract
One hundred sixty seven papers from 1989 to 2007 concerning the generation
of
heat from electrochemical cells were collected, listed, and digitally
posted to a
CD for reference, review and study. A review showed four criteria that were
correlated to reports of successful experiments attempting replication of
the
Fleischmann-Pons effect. All published negative results can be traced to
researchers not fulfilling one or more of these conditions. Statistical and
Bayesian studies show that observation of the Fleischmann-Pons effect is
correlated with the criteria and that production of "excess heat" is a real
physical
effect "beyond a reasonable doubt.