The behavior of two balls can not be applied to LENR.  Imagining how photons
might interact ignores the fact that the protons are not isolated in space when
in a chemical lattice. When LENR occurs in a lattice, all the protons,
deuterons and electrons are innerconnected. They all are restrained in their
motion by forces that hold the lattice together.

 People who have the mind of the physicist seem to ignore what actually happens
in a chemical structure. This structure is not plasma as is experienced in hot
fusion. The atoms in such a structure are not free to move except under well
known restraint. The amount of energy available is limited by the energy
holding the structure together, which is no more than a few eV. Pretending
otherwise has made the present theories worthless.  If you are a physicist and
want to explain LENR, please first learn some chemistry.

Ed Storms