On Mar 21, 2014, at 10:13 AM, Jones Beene wrote:

> From: Edmund Storms
>
> When LENR occurs in a lattice, all the protons, deuterons and electrons are
> innerconnected. They all are restrained in their motion by forces that hold
> the lattice together.
>
> What you say is true, Ed - but essentially irrelevant.
>
> You did not read the premise – at least not carefully - which clearly states
> that we are talking about nano-porosity and NOT about lattice chemistry such
> as is seen in Pd-D. Why are you always lost in the old world of Pd-D?

Jones, ALL chemical structures are similar in this behavior to PdD. I use PdD
as an example only because it is the most investigated and the most cited.

> A Casimir pore inside Raney nickel for instance could have a diameter of 8
> nm. Plenty of room. In which case we would NOT be talking about chemistry but
> about plasma physics. Should the contents of that pore be H3+ then chemistry
> is modestly helpful but insufficient to explain the operative dynamics.

OK, now you are describing a different feature, which I agree can accommodate
behavior that is not possible in the lattice itself. In fact, I go this path
when I place the Hydroton in a crack. Now the discussion has to address whether
the Casimir effect is real or not. I do not believe it is real, as I said
before. I believe a structure like the Hydroton must be created for the
observed behavior to take place in PdD or in NiH, but in both cases in a
nano-crack. We agree that a nano-crack or nano-cavity is required. We differ in
what happens in this structure.

> Thus you entire argument favoring electrochemistry falls apart from the
> starting premise.

I'm not discussing electrochemistry. No one mentioned electrochemistry.
Electrochemistry is only one of the 7 methods that have been used to force
hydrogen isotopes into a structure where the NAE can be created. It has no
other function.

> Ø  If you are a physicist and want to explain LENR, please first learn some
> chemistry.
>
> If you are a chemist and want to understand the Ni-H reaction as it happens
> in nanocavities, please first learn to appreciate the physics of
> nanocavities, the Casimir force, quantum opto-mechanics, QCD and the strong
> force, the solar diproton reaction, SPP and Pauli exclusion. There is no room
> for fusion of protons to deuterium in this kind of physics.

Yes, that is your claim. That is where we differ. I propose that the LENR
occurs outside the lattice, as you do, but by a different process. It would
help if you focused on where we actually differ rather than on imagined
irrelevant differences.

> The dark ages of Pd-D are ancient history in 2014, and we are now moving into
> a new level of understanding demanding a multi-disciplinary approach based on
> quantum physics. It is one in which electrochemistry is helpful - but far
> from sufficient to explain the dynamics of gain in Ni-H.

Here again, we differe. I believe Nature has only one mechanism that applies to
PdD, PdH, NiH and any other environment where the mechanism can be made to
operate.  Only one universal NAE is causing what is observed using PdD or NiH.
You apparently believe that several mechanisms are operating. Is that true? If
so, what are these mechanisms?

Ed Storms