On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

You may have missed one huge detail. Did not the gas quantity in the reactor
> actually increase significantly after 30 days compared to initial
> conditions
> ?

Yes.  Interesting detail.  I hope they give out more information.

> If D2 gas reacts with nickel, not only do you get radioactive ash, which is
> not mentioned

I think they're holding off on reporting their radiation measurements until
later (there was a slide towards the end that hinted at this).

but surely would have been mentioned if it was there, but also
> a drop in pressure and in the quantity of gas - as hot protons are captured
> in the metal and neutrons are absorbed.

I would have thought that the protons would migrate out and recombine to
form H2.  But I don't think that would account for a twofold increase.
 Unless H2 takes up a larger volume than D2/DH/H2?  I'm not sure what's
going on with this detail.  (Note that in early MFMP experiments, there was
a weird relationship between pressure and their XP curves, suggesting some
kind of artifact, so conceivably there could be something similar going on
here.)

Eric