Axil--

The fission reactor guys are no different in their skeptopathic bias toward
LENR than the hot fusion guys are.  They both have cash cows in their barnyard
that sadly give only sour milk--if any at all--it may be good for feeding pigs
and most of them don't like it because it so sour.  But their buddies in the
government still support their barnyard business.  Duping third world countries
and waste management is their latest and last hope to keep the cash flowing.
They are stringing it out as long as possible and at the greatest expense.
Vitrification of high level radioactive waste at Hanford is a good
example--$15Billion and counting--no end in sight.

Hanford engineers designed and operated a pilot plant  to solidify (calcine)
the high level wastes with a projected cost of $26million for a production
facility associated with PUREX in the late 1960's.  The fission guys in the AEC
decided that it was better to spend those $26millions on long lead equipment
for the high temperature sodium fast neutron breeder Clinch River reactor.
Those components ended up in a storage yard at Hanford and may still be there.

 That started a trend that it was better to waste money than use it for some
good.   The trend was needed to keep the nuclear tech guys employed.   I would
love to debate the waste management issues with Per and the issues associated
with the development of new fission  reactors.

 Japan and Germany may have finally gotten it right regarding the desirability
of fission reactor energy.

Bob

.