"Gamberale told me that the findings he describes in the report could bring
damage to serious research activities within LENR"

Sady it have started... the anti-LENr already says that we cannot trust
anything, about E-cat test because of the Milan demo tricks by Defkalion.

It will be a very powerful tool to prevent people and media to even
consider any results. The deniers have won. no evidence will be accepted,
what ever it is.
They will just say : "somewhere a fraud have been done, so this is a fraud"

and the physicist will applaud, and the media will repeat, and the people
will sit on the sofa quietly.

that tragedy is well described in that fantastic article by jed
http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusion.pdf#page=4

Nobel will just says that E-cat test was bad, after reading the las
sentence of the conclusion of an obscure report by incompetent skeptic, and
nobody will question them.

the only escape is Defkalion proving his device and explaining their stupid
behavior.
Even if they made mistakes, they should have worked with Luca and not
ignored him. That stinks.