http://www.bnl.gov/rhic/news2/news.asp?a=2870&t=today

Here is some science related to the subject that concerns you. The gluon
may contain magnetic properties and scientists want to build an electron
ion collider to get more info on the properties to the gluon under added
energy conditions.

The gluon carries energy in protons and neutrons. There are a number of
ways that energy can be injected into the proton for example. One of them
is relativistic speed. Another way that I am interested in is magnetic
energy.

Knowing how gluons react when they are pumped with added energy is
important in LENR, IMHO.

Screening may be a excitation process related to energy  addition to the
gluon fields inside the proton and neutron.