On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

In the original article, the line at 3.5 keV, like all spectral lines is a
> very sharp peak, so sharp as to look like a straight line - as it should
> found that way in Mills’ theory.

I thought that Mills's theory predicts "continuum radiation" (the electron
classically spiralling down to the next lowest redundant level and somehow
emitting broadband radiation as it does), and a *cutoff* (absence) at the
inverse Rydberg level, because the channel permitted for electrons to give
off energy to the external environment once below the ground state is FRET
(apart from the continuum radiation, somehow).

To summarize my present understanding:

   - NASA's Chandra x-ray observatory picked a signal at 3.55 keV, which
   does not correspond to a known atomic transition [1].
   - Mills's theory predicts a *cutoff* right before an inverse Rydberg
   value of 3.48 keV.
   - NASA's signal is a "bump" centered on the 3.55 keV.
   - Mills's theory predicts a broadband signal and *no* bump or sharp peak.
   - As you noted, the NASA signal will have undergone a significant
   redshift by the time it reaches Earth.  So Mills's value of 3.48 keV is not
   only lower than 3.55 keV, it's a lot lower than the energy corresponding to
   whatever wavelength the light had at the source.

This looks like it is exactly a non-prediction related to hydrinos.
 Perhaps I've missed something important.  I'm reminded of how 1/137
somehow becomes the fine structure constant (=137.035,999,173(35)) in some
people's minds.  I guess for BLP's purposes, it does not matter.

Eric

[1]
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/mysterious-x-rays-might-hint-at-dark-matter-07082014/