Chris-

Your considerations are much the same as mine.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail

From: Chris Zell
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎August‎ ‎25‎, ‎2014 ‎7‎:‎23‎ ‎AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

To me, all of the expertise, all of the Ph.D's, all of the tenure and all of
the opinions of climatologists are simply worthless in relation to the world at
large - except for their ability to make accurate predictions.

Really, of what general value would climatology be without an established
record of prediction?  It would come painfully close to being a pseudo-science.

This doesn't mean that they need to be able to forecast tomorrow's lottery
numbers ( in effect) but we should expect that they can create predictive
graphs that follow emerging reality with a reasonable fit - and frankly, that's
where the problem seems to be.