On 28/08/2014 1:17 AM, Jojo Iznart wrote:
If evolution is driven by a random process via random mutations, then evolution _can not be reversible_, since it is _unlikely_ that a random mutation would occur that cancels out a previous random mutation. The odds are astronomical for that to occur.
If it is unlikely, then it is possible! But my point is not that a random mutation might actually reverse, my point is that there is _no preferred directionality_ to the process. Evolutionists try to come up with random processes that can produce more complex proteins and structures from simpler ones (climbing mount improbable), without it seems, ever considering that the reverse path is just as possible in every case and typically many many orders of magnitude more probable (rolling down mount improbable).
The fact that we see E. Coli gain penicilin resistance and then loose it again simply means that this micro-evolution variation is reversible and thus not based on a random mutation process. This conclusion can not be denied.
Sorry but I can see no reason why this effect cannot occur by a random mutation processes? Some mutation can allow resistance and a different mutation prevent it again. I don't know whether penicillin resistance requires something to work, or requires something to be prevented from working. But there are often many ways to "switch on" some gene to get it working (eg by clobbering whatever is preventing it), and an infinity of ways of breaking something to stop it working.