On 28/08/2014 7:59 AM, Jojo Iznart wrote:
You seem to be implying that you know that the Coelacanth is 350 million years old from radiometric dating techniques. Please do tell, what sort of radiometric dating tells you that it is 350 million years old?
I don't know how these particular fossils were dated, but I know how this field of science works in general and have been highly impressed at the quality of some of the data. I have no argument with sincere scientists doing the job the best way they know how. Mistakes can be made but with enough diverse minds at work on the same problems the truth usually ends up prevailing. I'm really not interested in being told that one or two interesting anomalies renders this whole field of science invalid.