On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 1:12 AM, Sunil Shah <s.u.n....@hotmail.com> wrote:

> This has got to the worst calculation of evolution probabilities I have
> ever seen.
> Surely you can do BETTER than this?  It's a bleedin' disgrace..

Then why don't you go to the effort of dismantling it?

> And stop misusing the "proof" word all the time : D
>
> I do recognize one particular thing though, I see it time and time again
> in arguments like these:
> The failure to realize what a "big number" is.

***And I see, time and time again, all kinds of commentary but really very
little of substance when someone postulates something supposedly so
refutable.

> First of all, you have assumed SERIAL changes, ONE at a time.

***Then, by all means, we should be seeing observable changes every few
seconds, since there are so many more possible.

> Secondly you assume there is only ONE entity.

***What a poorly worded refutation.  What entity?

> Thirdly, you claimed your calculation just "proved" something".
> May I suggest:  The calculation PROVES you are a TROLL.

***May I suggest:  Your refutation is worthless.

> So have another go, but scale things up a bit before you do.

***Perhaps you should have another go, and learn how to write
understandably before you engage such heavy sarcasm.  Let your
argumentation & facts speak for themselves, similar to the DNA evidence
being discussed.

> (It takes today's bacteria 20 minutes to reproduce, so I don't see why one
> change every 140 hours is fast.)

***And yet, we've studied hundreds of thousands of generations of fruit fly
and the only thing we've seen come of it is... another generation of fruit
fly.

> Why are you assuming changes are sustained?

***Because it appears to be necessary for the "theory" of evolution to be
valid.

> Why are you assuming changes are observable?

***Because Darwin did, and the converse is an argument from silence.

> The math would say: A very small change x A rather "long time" (from your
> perspective) = An unobservably small change.

***Argument from silence.  Historically considered invalid in critical
thinking classes.  You can do better.