I bet it is used to align mag moments with their (spin) to improve the odds of
reaction and conservation of angular momrnentum.

Bob Cook.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE SmartphoneChemE Stewart
<cheme...@gmail.com> wrote:
I Agee.  It was mentioned he uses the coil to heat as well as feed it a
pulse train, probably a square wave pattern, which is a good way to induce
EMF into the mix