  From: David Roberson
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 9:34 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:temperature of the resistor wire.

  Bob,

  I understand your point that there may not be a substantial rise in
temperature within the active core provided the energy is released in a form
other than direct thermal energy.  This concept appears quite sound and may in
fact be operating within the HotCat.

  The best case scenario would be for incoming heat energy from the resistor
wires diffusing into the fuel and then being converted into other forms of
energy.  If that were possible, the fuel might actually remain at a temperature
that is slightly lower than the surrounding temperature.  I have a suspicion
that the laws of thermodynamics would not permit this type of trade off to
exist, but I am open to be proven in error.

  The report mentioned that it was possible to operate the device at a power
level in excess of the power chosen for the testing.   If this is true, then
even higher temperatures than those recorded may be possible.  What is the
limit to operating temperature and what establishes that value?  If melting of
the fuel does not quench the energy production process then the idea of fixed
NAE is down the drain.

  There are many conflicting observations around.  We need plenty of additional
data before a clear understanding of exactly how this device operates can be
established.

  I wish the testers had taken time to step up the input power in small steps
while observing the output temperature.  My simulation model could then be
adjusted to match those observations and thereby offer much further proof of
additional core power generation.  The rapid power output/ power input ration
seen for the one step taken is extremely strong evidence toward proof that the
device works as advertised.

  Dave