We need to enlarge our model space rather than limiting ourselves to one
model that is inconsistent with the observations.

Consider the difference between the sun at noon and the sun at dawn/dusk.
The interior of the HotCat glows white but from the outside it glows red
like a sunrise because it is shinning through an atmosphere of alumina.

With this model of illumination the the output power estimates appear valid.

Harry