  From: H Veeder
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Re: Color Temperature

  On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Jed--

    I hope you get an answer.  This question has caused me to resist getting
into a give and take about the camera data.  The thermocouple must have been
used to calibrate the camera at operating conditions, IF IT WERE WORKING.  The
lack of this obvious information suggests the T/C was not working properly.
They either work on don't from my experience.

    The question being so simple puts them in a bind to answer.  If it didn't
work they should, say so.  If it did work properly they should provide the
data.  Rossi claims there were millions of data points.  It would nice to
request that they publish their data base of all the raw data.  It all can't be
in the published document if there was as much as suggested by Rossi.

    However, he may have had some restrictions on the data they could publish
to protect revealing the detailed operating conditions.  The researchers doing
the test would have access to the data as it was accumulated and would have
used it to justify their conclusions, despite leaving room for skeptics to rail
on.

  ​I start with the naive (trusting) assumption that everything the authors of
the Lugano report say ​about the reactor is based on fact rather than
guesswork, but they can't reveal why they know them to be factual because it
might reveal important IP. Unfortunately, such a situation will stimulate the
more distrustful skeptics to imagine incompetence and/or misdirection.

  Harry