In my view at the very root of the LENR reaction, extreme magnetic
disturbance of the vacuum cause mesons to condense out of the vacuum as
real particles. This is where the electron eventually comes from: the
vacuum. Mesons decays into  pions which in their turn decays into muons
which then decays into electrons + anti-electronneutrinos + muonneutrinos.

See: Rossi reveals EMF activity in the Hot Cat

http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/08/07/rossi-on-electrostatic-force-from-the-e-cat/

1.  Steven N. Karels

January 3rd, 2013 at 12:53 PM
<http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=771&cpage=5#comment-525493>

Dear Andrea Rossi,

I would be surprised if your can extract sufficient “diect EMF” from an
eCat to either sustain itself or provide a reasonable amount of
electricity. The current nuclear reactors essentially are huge Carnot cycle
machines. Admitted they are fission and your eCat is a “LENR” device but I
would guess they would have extracted “direct EMF” energy if it were
plentifully available. Do you think this is a low-probability path to
electrical energy generation or even COP enhancement?

2.  Andrea Rossi

January 3rd, 2013 at 5:36 PM
<http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=771&cpage=5#comment-526041>
Dear Steven N. Karels:
Your consideration is correct, and I agree with you. Nevertheless we got
evidence of this generation of power, that at the moment we call ” strange
power”. We are researching on it, we are not ready for definite opinions.
It’s interesting, though.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Lafleur

August 3rd, 2014 at 4:06 PM

If you are finding a magnetic byproduct as well that is certainly
interesting. You had no mention of magnetic materials. Care to comment?
Should I be surprised if you find a monopole mechanism? I apologize for my
questions with no (known?) answers but you sir are a mad scientist and
enjoy your blog. I believe that skepticism is healthy but positive or
negative this would be a better world if more scientists were asking your
questions.

Andrea Rossi

August 3rd, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Dave Lafleur:
It is not exactly as you wrote. We have found as an unexpected phenomenon
the direct production of electromagnetic energy. This is an issue we are
making R&D upon, but, sincerely, in this period my focus is on the 1 MW
plant of the new US Customer. I agree about what you say in regard of
scepticism.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Hank Mills
August 6th, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Dear Andrea,

Could you please tell us a little more about the electromagnetic fields
detected from your device? They have nothing to do with the upcoming report
which is only measuring heat production, so I hope you can share just a bit
of info. For example:

1 – What form of EM fields are you measuring? Magnetic? Electrostatic?

2 – Where are they detected? Inside the reactor? Outside?

3 – What is the strength of the field in Tesla, if it is a magnetic field?

4 – Is it pulsing or constant?

My dream would be that you could design a low temp E-Cat that would produce
pulsing magnetic fields outside of the reactor. If this was the case, you
could wrap a coil of copper wire around it and convert the magnetism to
electricity. I can imagine such a solid state E-Cat being used to power an
RF cavity thruster so we could colonize the solar system.

Andrea Rossi
August 7th, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hank Mills:
In this period I am exclusively focused on the 1 MW plant, therefore the
issue of the e.m. fields detected is not at the moment on the top of the
spear. This is an issue that we do not consider consolidated, more complex
research has to be done to say anything important about it. Anyway, based
on what we made:
1- electrostatic
2- outside the reactor, inside the E-Cat, not outside the E-Cat
3- see 1
4- pulsing
Warning: this all could be wrong. Consistent R&D is necessary before saying
anything decisive.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Ecco Liberation
August 7th, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Dr. Rossi:
I figured that since a Hot Cat already is a thermal hazard under working
conditions (as its surface temperature peaks at several hundreds °C),
having electrical insulation for the static electricity it apparently
generates would have been kind of redundant as one would get a bad burn
before possibly getting electrocuted. I meant that hypothetically speaking
– where safety is not #1 priority – referring to an exposed, uninsulated
inner core. I do get your point, though.
Thanks, E.L.

Andrea Rossi
August 7th, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Ecco Liberation:
The external surface of the Hot-Cat is electrically insulated, for obvious
safety reasons.
Currents are out of the reaction but inside the Hot Cat.
If you touch any external part of the Hot Cat you do not feel any current
nor measure any electromagnetic emission.
Warm Regards
A.R.