On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:28:57PM +0000, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Also spracht Peter Amstutz (Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:38:04 -0500):
> > (lots of clarifications on s5 concepts/classes)
>
> On that note... can we have a documenting property (akin to Python's
> docstrings and __doc__)?  Preferably with nice syntax sugar on XOD :-)
> Just having all the information you have on this post, right there on the
> XOD file (and presumably the C++ generated from it) would have helped
> immensely.

There's a "description" property which is pretty much what you're asking
for, it can be attached to most elements (classes, methods, members,
etc) and is intended to be used for output to code comments and to code
documentation tools.

With regards to syntactic sugar, the current XOD format is intended to
be very low level data structure dump.  What I would like to do is use
XSLT or a macro language to define translations from a friendlier syntax
(which can include all sort of helpful tags) to a low level
representation such as XOD.

> Also... I can't make heads or tails of interreality3d :-( could we have a
> very minimal "hello world"?

Ask and ye shall receive.  Take a look at voss5/src/app/helloworld.

--
[ Peter Amstutz ][ [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Lead Programmer][Interreality Project][Virtual Reality for the Internet]