W dniu poniedziałek, 1 lipca 2013 02:51:23 UTC+1 użytkownik Christoph
Junghans napisał:

> 2013/6/18  <s.neu...@gmail.com <javascript:>>:
> > Dear Votca Users,
> >
> > I have started using the software some time ago and i successfully
> managed
> > to extract bonded parameters from atomistic into the coarse-grained -
> this
> > is done.
> > i have my peptide made of 90 residues - each residue is one bead,
> however I
> > wish to have nonbonded parameters for 5 types of beads (A, B, C, D, E).
> In
> > this case I will group my amino acids into given types of beads.
> >
> > As I can see the input for IBI method is a RDF e.g. A-A, A-B, B-B, etc
> (25
> > in total). From atomistic I will get 90*90/2 = 4050 RDF between
> residues. In
> > order to get an input for IBI shall I take an average of of RDF for A-A,
> > A-B, etc (25 in total) from atomistic (4050 in total)? It will not
> reproduce
> > atomistic in this case of its average. Please, explain and advice me.
> I guess you need to average your 4050 rdf to get 25 averaged rdfs.
>
> You could do that with csg_stat  or g_rdf if your simulation was done
> with gromacs.
>
> Christoph
>
> PS: Sorry for the delay, this email slipped under my radar.

Thank you. I think I need to calculate rdf between different types
specified in Gromacs... however, residues are neighboring so I wish to
exclude those interactions. In gromacs g_rdf does not have this option
(-cut option will just cut the distance which is incorrect). Would g_stat
be able to exclude neighbors from my atomistic?

Another issue: I used BI for angles - I tried refining my potential using
VOTCA but it somehow describes it poorly... Does csg_resample use a
function to refine it? What kind of function?
I would prefer to refine it my own but no clue how I will then calculate
the derivative of those values (3rd column in table)a*.xvg). Would you
advise?

Steven