Hi Joe Umm I just went back thought my notes, the eepro100 did not work, I had to move to the e100. This is the driver I have used ever since for the intel 100mb cards.
Sorry Mike > I have seen that mentioned on many VLAN lists so I tried an Intel card > with the eepro100 module in the PCI slot of my Soekris and it still > wouldn't work. Basically it wouldn't let me set the MTU to 1504. Its > good to hear that you've used eepro100 successfully. I either have an > old version of the module or I'm doing something wrong in the vlan > setup. > > On 9/8/05, Mike O'Connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >> >> Joe Nelson wrote: >> >> > I've had a real tough time getting the natsemi driver to work with >> > my VLANs. I may be wrong, but I believe that I may just have an >> > outdated version. Does anyone know how recent the kernel module for >> > natsemi (ethernet on Soekris 4501 board) is? I've tried to get VLANs >> > working with other cards as well - Intel Pro 100 (eepro100 module) >> > and Realtek (8139too module). Nothing seems to work. I'm running on >> > the 2.6.8 kernel. From what I've read, all the newer drivers for >> > these ethernet chipsets support VLANs. Does anyone have any insight? >> > Thanks. >> > >> > -- >> > Joe Nelson >> > Air Wired >> > http://www.airwired.net >> > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------ >> > >> >_______________________________________________ >> >Voyage-linux mailing list >> >[email protected] >> >http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux >> > >> > >> Hi Joe >> >> I have not tried the natsemi driver with VLAN's but will say that in >> my experaince a large number of the ethernet drivers in the kernel do >> not support VLAN's. >> >> The only drivers drivers I have ever used successfully are eepro100 >> and the intel drivers e100 and e1000. For example none of the 3com >> drivers that I tested worked with VLAN's. >> >> Cheers >> Mike >> > > > > -- > Joe Nelson > Air Wired > http://www.airwired.net _______________________________________________ Voyage-linux mailing list [email protected] http://list.voyage.hk/mailman/listinfo/voyage-linux
